Roberson Funeral Home began with Harvey Samuel “H.S.” Roberson who worked as a farmer in Coffey, Missouri until 1920 when he began working for the Meinershagen Funeral Home and Furniture Company in Chillicothe, Missouri. He worked for the Meinershagen’s until 1925 when he received his embalmers licenses. On December 1, 1925 H.S. established the first Roberson Funeral Home in Jamesport, Missouri. In 1927 H.S.’s son Orris Lee “O.L.” Roberson attended mortuary school in Kansas City, Missouri and started working with his father in Jamesport. On May 10, 1931 O.L. married Vivian Chamberlain. Vivian became active with the funeral home helping H.S. and O.L. with the daily operations. After getting married, O.L. and Vivian purchased the funeral home from H.S. in 1931. In January of 1936 the original funeral home was destroyed due to a fire and a new location was established in Jamesport. O.L. and Vivian’s son Harvey Allen “H.A.” Roberson joined the United States Air Force for four years before attending North Central Missouri College in Trenton, Missouri and Guptons College of Mortuary Science in Nashville, Tennessee. On December 29, 1957 H.A. married Suzanne Dickinson. After H.A. received his embalming licenses in 1959, he came home to help with the family business. On May 18, 1959 the Roberson Family expanded the business when they purchased the Gromer Funeral Home in Pattonsburg, Missouri. H.A. and Suzanne moved to Pattonsburg and made it their home for eight years. In the mean time O.L. and Vivian stayed in Jamesport. On February 4, 1962 H.S. Roberson passed away and was laid to rest at the Oakland Cemetery in Moberly, Missouri. On January 1, 1967 the Roberson family, (O.L. and H.A.) formed a partnership with the Noble family (C.R. and George) of Bethany, and New Hampton, Missouri. This is when Noble-Roberson Funeral Home was established making them the first consolidators of funeral service in the state of Missouri. Also in 1967 the Noble-Roberson Funeral Home purchased the Haas Funeral Homes in Bethany and Gilman City, Missouri. Noble-Roberson then purchased the Stroup Funeral Home from Virgil Stroup in Winston, MO. H.A. and his father worked together in Harrison and Daviess counties until O.L. retired in 1972. H.A. worked with C.R. and George until 1976 when he purchased the business from the Noble family. George retired from the funeral service and became a Baptist Minister while C.R. continued to work at the funeral home until the late 1980’s. The company changed its name back to Roberson Funeral Home and the family operated the six locations in Jamesport, Pattonsburg, Winston, Bethany, New Hampton, and Gilman City. In 1977 H.A. and Suzanne’s son Alan Roberson left for Gupton School of Mortuary Science in Nashville, Tennessee. On March 25, 1978 Alan married Wyvonne Weddle. Wyvonne also went to school with Alan and in 1979 Alan received his funeral director and embalmers license and Wyvonne received her funeral directors license. Alan and Wyvonne returned to Bethany to work with H.A. and Suzanne. In 1983 the Jamesport and Winston locations were sold and three years later in 1986, the Roberson Family purchased the Boggess Funeral Home from Gerald Boggess in Eagleville, Missouri. Gerald continued to work at the funeral home until the following year when he retired. On October 16, 1987 O.L. Roberson passed away and was laid to rest at the Masonic Cemetery in Jamesport, Missouri. The family continued to operate the five funeral homes together until 1995 when Alan and Wyvonne purchased the company from H.A. and Suzanne. The following year in 1996, the New Hampton Funeral Home was closed. After the flood of 1993 the town of Pattonsburg moved to higher ground and the old funeral home was deconstructed. A new building was built and opened in 1998 in the new town. The following year the Eagleville location was also deconstructed and a new building built in its place. On November 17, 2005 Vivian Roberson passed away and was laid to rest next to Orris in the Masonic Cemetery in Jamesport, Missouri. Alan and Wyvonne operate the funeral homes we have today. Jeremy attended mortuary school at Kansas City Kansas Community College and received his funeral director and embalmer licenses. Rachel attended North Central Missouri College where she received degrees in Applied Science, Business Management, and Marketing Management. In 2007 Alan and Wyvonne purchased two more funeral homes located in King City, Missouri and Stanberry, Missouri.